Time really flies, I can't believe Camp Symmetry is THIS SATURDAY (!!!) oh my god. So of course, this week's Music Monday post will be dedicated to the 2 bands I'm looking forward to most for Camp Symmetry. Just two, cos if not it'd be a bit too much. Usually, I'd feature one band only, don't I? Haha.
#1: San Cisco
- They're a four-piece indie pop band from Fremantle, Western Australia (gosh I miss Freo! The fish & chips, and the Fremantle Market!! I snagged so many awesome handmade stuff there when I went in 2009/2010)
- The band consists of Jordi Davieson (guitar, lead vocals), Josh Biondillo (guitar, vocals), Nick Garner (bass) and Scarlett Stevens (drums, vocals)—all members, except Stevens, share duties on keyboards. (yes the really gorgeous Scarlett is the drummer! And for that, I love her even more hahaha)
- The members of San Cisco attended the same high school in Fremantle. Jordi and Scarlett have known each other since early childhood. (so cute laaaaa)
Most would know them first for their song, Awkward. But the first song I heard from them was Fred Astaire and that was the song that made me fall in love with them. It may sound like a happy song but when you listen to the lyrics, you know that's quite the contrary.
But of course, I love Awkward too. It's such an adorable song, and so is the music video. You have to watch it.
Hmm okayyyyyy it's actually REALLY hard for me to pick another song (or two!) to feature cos I pretty much love every track from their debut EP. So, after thinking really hard, I've decided to feature Lyall and Nepal.
Such a fun, whacky track.
Love this track a lot too. Decided to feature this one cos I'm going to Nepal in December hahaha. It's gonna be my "theme song" for the trip, that's for sure.
#2: Last Dinosaurs
- They're an indie rock band from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- The band consists of lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Sean Caskey, lead guitarist Lachlan Caskey, and drummer Dan Koyama.
- Koyama and the Caskey brothers are all of Japanese descent and the band have toured and have made several trips to Japan.
I really love Zoom.
And their hit track, Honolulu.
Again, it's hard for me to decide which other track to feature but I decided to go with Weekend cos Camp Symmetry's on a Saturday, so it's gonna be a fantastic weekend!
Australia really has alot of good bands. Really! Quite a number of my favourite bands hail from the land down under. But anywho, Camp Symmetry!
Check out the full lineup.
And when they released the set times, I was like omgggggg.
Because, look at it! Last Dinosaurs, San Cisco and Wild Nothing are playing right after one another. They are the top 3 bands I'm most excited for, so that means it's gonna be 2.5 hrs of intense excitement for me lol. I'm also looking forward to Veronica Falls and Best Coast. On a side note, I was so surprised to see The Cribs on the lineup when it was first announced. I mean, it's THE CRIBS! That's really something amazing.
So YAY for Camp Symmetry!! I hope the weather isn't gonna be as scorchingly hot as it was during Laneway Festival this year. I don't wanna be so badly sunburnt again. :/
To those of you who are going, I'll see you there my fellow campers! :)